It is always great to recognize inspiring women entrepreneurs. We had a chat with Radio Personality Amanda Sapp and would love to share with readers. Her work and drives becomes motivation for anyone who may follow her milestones. She always have the best intentions in sharing her clients and guests with the world! Get to know her better with us!
- Where are you originally from?
- What is your zodiac sign? Scorpio
- How long have you been in the entertainment business? Since 2014
- As a woman entrepreneur, what inspired you the most? My parents inspired me. My mother is a self employed seamstress that has been in business for 15 years. My dad was an instrument electrician for Citgo Petroleum Plant for 35 years. Their zeal to want more for myself and my 4 siblings is what encourages me to want to do the same for my children and my business.
- What are the pros and cons of being a woman entrepreneur?Cons of being a woman entrepreneur is their not being enough of us. Once we as a minority realize there is power in numbers, we could become unstoppable!
- Pros of being a woman entrepreneur is being a BLACK woman entrepreneur. There are barriers in my field that I’m aiming to knock down, and I’m doing that one interview at a time. Here recently I became the first and youngest black female to headline a morning show with an all Male cast on an FM terrestrial dial. I take pride in that accomplishment. I’m proud to be the Assistant Station Manager at The New Amazing 102.5 FM. I’m being the change I want to see.
- How do you feel about women’s rights involved in the entertainment industry? Women’s rights in the entertainment industry is now a topic of discussion; that’s a start. Women are getting paid less and in some cases are working just as hard, if not harder than our male counterparts. According to a 2015 study by the American Association of University Women, The Simple Truth About the Gender Pay Gap in 2013, women were paid 78% of what men were paid. On average, Black women in the U.S. are paid 39% less than white men and 21% less than white women. We have to talk about what’s happening with women in the entertainment industry. The future is female. Knowing that, we’ve got to make sure we are continuing the fight against unfair practices towards women, more specifically the gender pay gap between women and African american women and our male counterparts.
- Tell us about the show “Getting To Know You”? “Getting To Know You” TV Show is a broadcast that airs every other Friday night LIVE at 8 pm. Myself and Theo Gervais are the hosts. We bring fiery opinions on trending topics, health, beauty, entertainment and more!
- What advice can you give to someone pursuing a career in public relations and entertainment? Educate yourself. If a college education isn’t in the cards for you; YouTube University is available 24 hours a day and it’s free to utilize. The world wide web is created for you to ask questions and get answers. Challenge yourself to carve out dedicated time specifically to hone your craft. Take yourself just as seriously as you want others to. Stay consistent. Once you’ve found your niche’, stick to learning more about that and create realistic plans and goals to help you execute properly. Take every failure as a lesson, and every attempt as a success. Write the vision…make it plain…execute…and prepare for your bright future ahead.
Catch “The Morning Grind” Monday-Friday from 7AM-10AM CST on The New Amazing 102.5 FM. If you cant hear us where you are; download our app by searching through your google play store, or your apple store KMAZ Amazing 102.5 FM. We are your #DoGoodThroughGood Station.